Click on the links below to learn more about guardianship in North Carolina
- Guardianship, North Carolina Judicial Branch Get information on how to become a guardian and what qualifications one must meet to obtain guardianship.
- Guardianship and Alternatives to Guardianship, North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services. Learn about how guardianship works in North Carolina.
- Guardianship Services Manual, North Carolina Division of Aging and Adult Services. This manual contains statutory requirements, state policies and social work practice guidelines to be used when providing guardianship services.
- North Carolina General Statute – Chapter 35A. Read the exact language of North Carolina’s law related to guardianship.
- North Carolina Guardianship Capacity Questionnaire Read North Carolina’s law and policy related to guardianship.
- Overview of Adult Guardianship, North Carolina Defenders Manual Chapter 1. This chapter introduces readers to the terminology of guardianship and provides a general overview of the law of adult guardianship generally and legal proceedings to appoint guardians in North Carolina.
- Understanding Guardianship training video, North Carolina Administrative Office of the Courts. This video outlines the role and responsibilities of guardians of the person, guardians of the estate, and general guardian.